Monday, November 28, 2011

Put a Cork On It!

Along with saving wine bottle labels, I have been chucking the corks from those 
bottles into different vases and pitchers around my home.  

This has been going on for a long time.  

The idea of what to do with all of those corks came to me last year when 
we were renovating our laundry room.  
I made a large board with a frame to cover the two junction boxes 
that were uglying up my laundry room.  
(I can't have that!)

I thought that covering the board with corks would be rather unique 
and something interesting to do with the corks that were just filling up 
my vases and pitchers.  

So, my wine-drinking friend Debra brought me a large grocery bag full of corks 
that she had been saving for me.  

It was time to get crafty!

I obviously need to keep drinking (yea!) and my friends need to keep drinking 
so that I can eventually fill up that board.   

There is something really fun about a box of bottles on my driveway left for me to find.
Or coming home from a party with a few new empties and corks.
Or having friends come over and bring a bottle to drink and a few empties 
or a bag of corks to give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment