Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Picture Perfect

This Thanksgiving my dad's side of the family will be gathering for a reunion.  
One of my cousins came up with the idea of everyone scanning in their pictures and bringing in a digital version so that we can all have a complete collection of family pictures.  

I started scanning in pictures at my folk's home at Christmas.
I have been back a few times since to work on pictures 
but this is still how the dining room table looks.
This is a much bigger job than I originally anticipated.

We have been taking pictures out of frames to get them scanned in.
So many of the Polaroid pictures that were in frames have faded badly.  
We have also had new archive quality mats cut 
for the pictures that are going back in frames.
Like I said, this has turned out to be a much bigger job than I anticipated.

(If you have Polaroid pictures out where they can fade with UV light - 
scan them in and frame a scanned copy.  
Otherwise your family pictures will slowly fade away.
Really.  Do it today.  
Go ahead, I'll wait.)

This is one of the highlights of this project.  

This is a hand-tinted portrait of my mother when she was 18 years old.  
Beautiful, huh?
She still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment