Saturday, October 29, 2011

Losing a Car or Gaining Driveway?

When I married hubs I not only gained a husband, I gained a 1965 Mustang.

 It did run when he bought it. 

 He loved this car.
As our family grew, our house renovation took over our time and resources.

The thoughts of Mustang renovation moved to the back burner.  
It has been stationery in the driveway for several years. 

Our upcoming brick wall renovation required that we move the Mustang.  
It was time to consider passing this along to someone who had the time to 
lovingly restore this antique car. 

Enter my friend's 18 year old son.
When I called my friend to talk about needing to get rid of the car she told me 
that her son had asked for a car to restore for his upcoming birthday.

Timing is everything.
This is one happy young man.
My friend tells me that he has hardly left it's side since he got it home.
I am glad that he loves it.
So is hubs.  

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't glad to have the car gone, 
but it is a little weird not to see it parked on the driveway. 

Seems like the end of an era.   

No comments:

Post a Comment