Sunday, May 5, 2013

Summer Dreaming

I came across these photos on my computer while looking for something else.  
Now I want tomato pie.
Badly.

Not just any tomato pie but tomato pie made with tomatoes from my dad's garden.

This pie was made with a couple (really, just 2 tomatoes!) of tomatoes last summer.  

This isn't the healthiest of recipes (i.e. seriously fattening) so I don't make it too often.

I mean, after starting out with a homemade baked pie shell and filling it with virtuous slices of tomatoes you heap on 6 or so sliced of crumbled up bacon. What's not to love about something made with bacon.  
Mmmmmm, bacon.  

Then a layer of basil leaves are torn and added...

Then comes the motherlode of mayo, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, and onion.  
Hurt me now!  

Spread all that cheesy goodness over the top and pop it in the over and then...

Voila!  


I mean, come on, what's not to love about this glistening, tomatoey-cheesy-garlicy-basily pie?

I am not a lover of summer weather but if it has to be summer to have this pie then bring it on!  

Who's with me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment