Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Evolving Son


Feeling rather proud and happy at the moment.  

Ben came home from camp last night for the weekend.  
I was surprised when I saw him walking in - he took my breath away!  
I know I am his momma, but dang, that young man is handsome!  
He was taller than I remembered (could he really have grown noticeably in 2 weeks?) 
and very tan from lifeguarding and being outdoors all day.  
He came in, hugged and kissed me and was in a wonderful mood even though 
he was exhausted from two weeks straight of working at Maranatha.  

This morning he ate like a man on death row, started his laundry (without being reminded) 
and started talking about his plans to find a computer for school this fall.  
He discussed the pros and cons of different computers with his father 
and then they went shopping.  
After an unsuccessful shopping trip he found the computer he wanted online 
and we ordered it with his money.  

I made sushi for dinner and he ate spicy tuna/avocado rolls and salmon/avocado rolls 
and he loved them.  
He has never been an adventurous eater so this was a big deal.  
His ideal meal consists of steak, baked potato, salad drenched in ranch dressing, 
and another steak.  
Raw tuna and salmon?  Big deal.  
He even ate with chopsticks.

He hasn't grumbled or said a cross word to his sister.  

He made plans to play games with his friends tonight but was willing to cancel his plans 
and stay home if this was what I wanted.  

Could it be that he is growing up? 


I believe I am getting a glimpse of this man-in-training and I like what I see!

*These pics were taken by Erin Cobb last fall.  They are a reminder that I need to point my camera at my boy and get some current pics.  I think he is probably a couple of inches taller and certainly several shades darker than these pics from October!

No comments:

Post a Comment