Friday, June 3, 2011

Game Night

During the power outage following the tornados last month
hubs and the kids rediscovered how fun board games can be.

Tonight Parcheesi was the game du jour.

It was much fun, although it is one of those games that can go on for hours!
Just when you start thinking that you are rounding the last corner and headed home
someone knocks you out of play and you have to start over. 

Come to think of it, this might not be a bad life lesson.
We have to learn to roll with the punches, huh?

Allison, as usual, feels obligated to give my wine a try.
This is the usual face she makes.
I don't have a problem that she can't stand the stuff.
Nope, not at all.


By the way, was is a coincidence that her game pieces
were the same color of her fingernail polish?
I think not!

And I would like to say that I am thoroughly enjoying having Ben home for the weekend.
He is having a great time at camp, learning so much and gaining confidence in his abilities.
He earned his lifeguard certification last week and
has been doing staff training for the last week.

He isn't a finished product yet, but he is growing and maturing nicely.
I am very proud of him.

OK, and in my usual unbiased fashion, I think this is one handsome kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment