Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thankful for Family

Over Thanksgiving weekend my family had something extra for which to be thankful.  

Santa, General Robert E Lee, er, Dad's family has a tradition of getting together 
every other Thanksgiving for a reunion.  
This tradition was started a couple of decades ago by my grandmother, Ava Hester.
We are usually traveling elsewhere for the reunion but this year it was my turn 
to coordinate the reunion.  
That meant one thing: reunion in Huntsville!

Other than lots of time to sit, talk, and reminisce,

there was time to go through family artifacts (a suitcase of items that belonged to my grandfather).  There were some really interesting items in this suitcase.  

A big yellow school bus picked us up at the hotel so that we 
could go on a Twickenham Tour 
with my friend, and tour guide extraordinaire, Jacque Procter Reeves.

And of course there has to be a group picture.  
Unfortunately we didn't get everyone together before the light was too far gone outside 
so this was the best that we could do for a group picture.  
There were 53 of us together this weekend.  
I do believe that this is the largest group that has ever come together for our reunion.  
The only ones missing were the ones living in Osaka, Japan, Paris, France and deployed to Kuwait.  
I guess that they had a good enough excuse.  

Some years are more enjoyable than others, but I am relieved to report that I think that everyone had a very nice time.  

I know I did.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete