Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 235th Birthday America!

Someone I know gets very excited about family gatherings.
Especially when they involve fireworks.

Whenever my family gets together there is silliness
and a lot of laughs.

My brother's yard has lots of room for a rowdy game of horseshoes.
That's right people, horseshoes can be downright rowdy.
At least it can with my family.

Such form...

Such skill.
Poetry in motion. 

What's a family gathering without food.
So much food that to try it all might make someone very full.
Not that this happened to me.
Ha!

I also made a discovery at this party.
My mom is quite the cut-throat Croquet player.
She sent her granddaughter's ball flying!
Of course she did it to show Allison how to knock her opponent's ball. 
That's her story and she's sticking to it.

The evening ended with a very nice fireworks display.
Ben had a blast helping his uncles shoot the fireworks.
He managed to keep all of his fingers and eyebrows.
When will I ever get over being nervous about such things?

All in all, a very nice Independence Day Celebration.
Too bad it only comes around once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment