Monday, August 8, 2011

A New Year, A New School

This morning the kids left for their first day of school for 2011-2012.

Ben is a junior this year but goes back today with a new level of confidence and about 3 inches of height he didn't have last year.  He said is actually glad to be getting back to school.  That statement alone tells me that this year is going to be special.  


Allison is a freshman this year.  She has come from a small private school and is a little nervous about all of the changes that will happen this year.  First of all - no school uniforms!  For the first time since 5th grade she gets to pick out what she wants to wear and she is also wearing a little makeup.  (That is a whole other blog post!)  She will be changing classes and moving through the day with many more students than she is used to.  She has a tough schedule but I know she can rise to the challenge.  As far as making new friends - look at that smile!  She will have new group of friends in no time.  
(She gets that from her mother! :)  )

I pray that this year my children grow in knowledge and confidence. 
 I pray that they treat each other and those with whom they attend school 
with respect and kindness.  
I pray that they take full advantage of the privilege of attending school in a free country.  
I pray that they never feel afraid or threatened and that school remain a safe haven for them. 
I pray that their teachers convey the knowledge of their subjects and 
are good role models for the students. 
 I pray that Bruce and I never fail to nurture and support their education efforts.  
Amen.

1 comment: