Friday, August 19, 2011

Pizza Night!

I have been making homemade pizzas forever.  
But until a couple of weeks ago I hadn't make grilled pizza.
Tonight was attempt #2.

Before we begin all the ingredients have to be ready for the grill - once the grilling starts 
things move pretty quickly.

I made several pizzas so that everyone could top their own. 

It is fun to slap the dough onto the grill, close the top, and see how fast things change.  
Big puffy air pockets that get nice and crispy once the crust is flipped.  

Once the crust is flipped the sauce, parmesan cheese and toppings of choice are quickly applied.  


And you can't forget the fresh mozzarella.  That stuff makes for pizza perfection. 
It gets all ooey-gooey as the pizza continues to cook. 

Finally a sprinkling of basil shreds.  

Awesome dinner if I do say so myself.
And there were enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
Sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment