Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dad's Garden, Part 4

I actually took these pictures on Mother's Day while over visiting with my folks.  But - with trying to get back into the routine of my regular life and conquering the impressive mountain of laundry, getting the 800+ photos of the Haiti trip edited and ready to share, and getting belated posts from the trip posted I have been a little busy this week.  Hopefully I will get back on the blog wagon and start posting regularly again.

Dad's garden didn't suffer too much during the storms of April 27.  There was standing water in a few spots and a few plants that needed replacing but overall no too bad.  Dad said that there was so much water that his soaker hose unburied itself in a few places. 


It has been a couple of weeks since I posted pictures and things are definitely greening up!

The lettuces are in full swing.  The carrots are finally picking up some speed now.


The tomato crop has been planted, Dad just planted a few plants. Again. 


The cabbages and brocolli are looking good as are Ma Parham's pole beans. 
Love this time of the year when everything is so green and new. 
New update coming soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment