Friday, May 6, 2011

Rushed Goodbyes Stink!

The morning we left was crazy busy for Jenny.
From trying to get the last minute paperwork done with Wilna
and getting all of the stuff that she brought down for Melissa out of her luggage. 
Then there were the dozen or so questions that everyone has before the doctor leaves to go home. 
Jenny's plans to spend some time with Melissa before leaving got compressed in to a very short time.

Melissa was pooped by the time we left for the airport. 
My rushed friend had all of her emotions of leaving her daughter once again hit her pretty hard.
The time to snuggle once more and get on top of the emotions had to happen in the truck on the way to catch our flight.


So - in honor of my friends with a Melissa-shaped holes in their hearts, here is a little snippet of a video that I took with my Ipad the last night.  While Jenny was taking a shower I introduced Melissa to the pretty baby in the Ipad.  They had quite a little conversation. 


Hopefully the next time to Haiti Jenny won't have to tell Melissa goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. That could be the cutest thing I've ever seen. WHat about those eyelashes! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete