Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Uganda - Congregation Share Meeting

Our mission team had the opportunity to share our experience with our congregation. 

We each had a chance to get up and tell something about our role on the trip or a meaningful experience.

We had a wonderful turn out of about 125 people who came to hear our stories.  
It was wonderful to get a chance to share our experiences with the very folks 
who had spent time praying for us during our trip.

Heidi talked about her experiences including her time in triage.

Brenda talked primarily about her time working in evangelism.

Patricia talked about worship with the Africans and evangelism.

Mary and I talked about the medical aspects of the trip.

We each had about 5 minutes to talk.  
Considering that talking before crowds is not anywhere near my comfort zone, 
the time went really fast.  
In fact when I was done and had returned to my seat I had several things that 
I wished I had time to talk about.  

Like the African fossil.
Like how we ended clinic.

We have felt so supported by this sweet congregation.  
Their prayers really helped us stay well, safe, and focused on our trip.

I can't wait to go back!  



No comments:

Post a Comment