Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Uganda - Our Fearless Cat Herder

Behind the success of every trip is a good leader.

Well, we have Mark.

He has many traits of a good leader. 
Let's review:

He has that finger pointing thing down.  
It adds a sense of "listen to what I say - I am important!" to whatever he says. 

See, here is the finger in action.  See how we are all captivated?

And when the finger isn't being utilized he employs the eyebrows.  

Here I am receiving the combination of finger and eyebrows.  
He must be telling me something REALLY important.
(sorry for the blurry picture.  I was laughing too much to hold the camera still.)

Yes Mark, I totally agree!

Here he is showing Harrison the finer points of redistribution/repurposing of water bottles.

Here he is having his coloring break.  Today he chose the red sharpie marker.  
(OK, he really is counting the patient slips for the patients that we saw that day.  But I think he really enjoys the coloring aspect of this job.)

Also, having two pair of glasses on makes him look like he is very intelligent.
Or goofy, you decide.

He held lunch-and-learn classes on how to stack stuff on sleeping teens.

He may be overqualified to teach these classes.

He did a wonderful job leading communion.
(Well, that isn't funny, but it is true.)

He is a friend to the Here's Life and MedReach guys.
(ok, that isn't funny either)

I really wanted to catch a hippo yawning but never did. 
Mark was happy to oblige as my stand-in hippo.  
Thanks Mark.


It was a pleasure to serve with you Mark.  
You are the perfect combination of fearless leader and goofball.

When's the next trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment