Thursday, January 20, 2011

Boredom +Ebay = Not Good!

After Christmas I had some minor foot surgery.  Nothing to write home about, just enough surgery to keep me down with my foot propped up for a couple of weeks.  This was dangerous.  You see, I spent my time playing around on Ebay.  I searched for my grandmother's china, which I inherited after her death, and found lots of it.  I have always loved it but never had enough of it to really be able to use it.  That is the situation no longer!  I found several sellers who I have to believe didn't know what they had!  I managed to aquire 8 more place settings, extra salad plates, service pieces - all for a small fraction of what Replacements, Ltd. wanted! 


It is really pretty and feminine.  I can imagine Allison's Juniorette club over for a tea.  I can imagine having a girlfriend's lunch and using this pretty china.  It would set a beautiful Easter table.  I just can't wait to use it! 

I can't afford to have any more surgery.  With all of the co-pays and the Ebays it is way too expensive.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Me too Debbie! It think it is a throw back to my adolescence when I used to have little tea parties with a nice little china tea set that my folks gave me. Hmmm, I wonder where it is now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,
    what sites did you look on for pricing. I have a non-full set of everyday "fruit" dishes from my grandmother that I would like to complete. Apparently when I was enwomb, someone was very clumsy.
    Brigiete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brigiete,
    I did all of my china shopping on Ebay. Don't use Replacements, Ltd if you can help it - they are so expensive.

    ReplyDelete