Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Planned Overs

I love it when I can manage to squeeze a few meals out of one.  I picked up one of those yummy rotisserie chickens at Costco a few days ago.  We enjoyed half of it with sweet potatoes and salad.  The other half got turned into creamy chicken pasta (daughter's favorite) that I served with roasted brussel sprouts and salad.  After dinner we have enough leftover for another meal.  Yea! 


BTW, if you haven't tried brussel sprouts in a while give them another shot.  Remember that they start off sweet and get more bitter as you cook them.  So - hot and fast is the key.  I baked a few slices of bacon on a baking sheet.  Removed the bacon, added the halves sprouts and tossed them on the pan with the bacon fat, salted lightly, and then baked in a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes.  They are still slightly firm, a little browned around the edges and really tasty.  Topped them with the crumbled bacon.  I love them!  Heck, I love them cold out of the refrigerator when I want a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment