Saturday, January 22, 2011

Love Hand-Me-Downs

My husband and I had just talked about the need to get son a new sport coat.  His current one, which is just a year old, is laughably small now.  His wrists are showing and the body of the suit is several inches too short.  He is growing so fast right now.  A generous friend offered me three sportcoats that she was getting rid of. One sportcoat fit son well and the other two I am guessing will fit him in about 10 days at the rate he is growing. 

I love hand-me-downs - especially for growing children.  I remember seeing the same dresses and coats show up in different families at church over the years as they were passed from one family to the next.  I don't think it is cheap - I think it is frugal and rather sweet.  The clothes that you loved seeing on your children get new use for another family. 




I just can't figure out who gave this kid his goofy streak.  


3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. I can not believe how much he has grown! Just as handsome as Bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Christi - he is most definitely channeling Molly Shannon in that last pic.

    Paula - he has grown about 4 inches since April. By Easter he will probably be my height. Just wait - when your little men start that big puberty growth spurt you can practically watch them grow. He needs new Sunday shoes and dress slacks too. I noticed that I could see his ankles in his relatively new khaki slacks and he complained that his toes hurt in his dress shoes.

    ReplyDelete