Sunday, January 2, 2011

Time to start taking down the Christmas decorations

Knowing myself pretty well, I can warn you up front that from time to time I will feel unencumbered to give out unsolicited advice.  Be forewarned! :) 




In an attempt to not have to reinvent the wheel every year, about 5 years ago I started taking pictures of my home after I finished decorating it for Christmas.  My thought being that by taking pictures that I could refer to when it was time to drag everything out again I would help jog my memory and speed up the amount of time I spent getting everything in just the right place.  It has served that purpose well, but more importantly is that I have started to establish a pictorial history of our home at Christmas time.  I can see glimpses of evolving home projects over the years, home decorating do and don'ts, and catch kids and pets unaware.  I love reviewing these pictures.  So, my unsolicited advice for today:  go around and take pictures of your home decorated before you begin the dismantling process.  Digital pics are practically free, you don't have to print them off, and it is another way to document a slice of you family life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment