Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sherpa for Jesus!

I am all packed and ready to go on my mission trip to Haiti.

My clothing and personal items for the week are in the silver case. 
My camera, Ipad, and chargers/cords/etc. are in the backpack.

The black duffel bags contain
medication
gifts for the children we will serve
shoes for a couple of friends
candy for kids (and us!)
food for us to eat for lunch this next week and to share with our translators
and supplies for our missionary friends.


Fortunately the black bags will be checked as soon as I get to the airport.
Unfortunately checked bags cost money (1st bag is $25, 2nd bag is $50).

Unfortunately as soon as our bags come off the baggage claim carousel in PAP 
there will belots of people grabbing for our bags wanting to be paid to carry them. 
Fortunately, this ain't our first rodeo.  
We have a plan of how to go through the baggage claim in pairs 
to expedite actually getting out of the airport with all of our luggage intact. 

For my friends that are praying for our team I ask that you pray that all of 
our luggage arrives undamaged and unsearched by customs.  
We have nothing to hide, but there is always a chance that we will lose the whole bag 
for no good reason if it is singled out to search.

 Pray that our team be open to what God has planned for our lives this week. 
 Pray for good health and stamina to deal with the heat, the mosquitos, 
the emotional and physical toll that these trips to this poor country takes out of us.  
Pray that we will be an effective face of Christ to those that we serve. 

I hope to continue to blog through the trip.  
There is internet at the guesthouse where we stay but I am a newbie with 
my one week old Ipad and I am not having the easiest time getting pictures to upload.  
If nothing else, maybe I can post the words and pictures when I get back.  
Nothing like breaking in new technology on the fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment