Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Agony of Defeat and Growing Up


I was very proud of my sweet daugther and her fellow cheerleaders during this tournament.  They have truly cheered their hearts out and kept us all going during this grueling tournament schedule.  This morning they competed in the cheerleading competition and really performed well - in fact probably the best that they have ever performed their routine.  Unfortunately, there were three other teams who were bigger and more experienced and our little squad just couldn't place ahead of them in the competition. 
 If the competitions were judged on heart then our girls would have taken first place.


About halfway through the last basketball game the emotions of cheering her last game ever bubbled to the surface for daughter.  She did a good job of holding it together until it was over, but I could tell she was struggling.  I was struggling for her in the stands.  (In case you don't know me - I have a very strict policy that no one cries alone around me.) 



  Hubs, on the other hand was keeping the mood light by wearing daughter's hair extension as a soul-patch.  That is one goofy man that I married. 
I love him for keeping the mood light and distracting daughter from her emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment