Monday, February 28, 2011

Something Quick for Dinner

After a long weekend of eating out and eating from concessions stands at the basketball tournament we here at the funny farm are ready to get back to a more normal diet
(i.e. more veg, less crap).

This meant starting out sauteing some aromatics - onion, carrot, celery, garlic.



To that add black beans, browned lite smoked sausage, diced tomatoes, hot sauce, salt/pepper, liquid smoke, bay leaf, and enough chicken stock to make it slightly soupy. Add in some parsley toward the end of simmering the whole mess and serve it over a big scoop of rice. 

Yes, I realize that I didn't picture everything I mentioned, but hey, I am making this up as I go people!



This was a pretty tasty dinner. 
Good comfort food for a wet, cool Monday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment