Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Daughter, Even Better

I have been interested in photography for a long time. 
A few years ago I had the good fortune to meet a new young family at our church.
The Cobbs are one of those families that you feel instantly comfortable around (and a little jealous - they are just so darned cute!)
Erin is a photographer and was in the beginning stages of starting a business with this extraordinary talent of hers. 
She made a mention on her blog that she was thinking of mentoring someone and I jumped at the chance.  
She graciously agreed. 
We haven't met that many times, but the right advice given at the right time paired with me taking thousands of pictures in between meetings and I am starting to get the hang of this photography thing. 

The light was so pretty the other afternoon that I got Allison to let me take a few exposures of her. 
The resulting pictures were fine, but not great.
Allison had a few blemishes to deal with and a bruise on her forehead (she swears she doesn't know how this happened). 


I pulled out the DVD of Erin's Photoshop editing methods and set about making this picture better. 

Her instructions are very user friendly and idiot proof (I can attest to this!)
If you are interested in finding out more about Erin Cobb, her photography, and her Clean Color editing DVD, read more about her here.









This photo isn't quite up to Erin standards, but it is pretty darn acceptable I think. 
The subject matter is certainly
lovely.  


Thanks Erin.

1 comment: