Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

We have never made a huge deal about Valentine's Day around here.  Just a few cards and small gifts to say
"I love you" to our family. 


Growing up I remember my mom always made a special dessert for our family for Valentine's Day.  My favorite dessert that I recall her making for the occassion was Cherry Cheesecake.  Remember that, with the sweetened condensed milk custard base and the canned cherry pie filling topping? 
Not very healthy but mighty tasty!

Not wanting there to be much leftover to call my name tomorrow when I am alone in the house with it, I wanted to make something tasty and relatively healthy and single serving. 
Dark chocolate fondue and strawberries and Oreos. 
Really yummy. 

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment