Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spiritual Sweat

A few years ago a very sweet friend of mine started teaching yoga from a Christian perspective.  This class has been so much more than an exercise class for me.  It is a chance to calm myself, settle down my wandering thoughts and commune with God - all the while controlling my breathing and bending myself into a pretzel. 


Today's class was just my second one since I had foot surgery in late December.  I am still trying to regain the flexibility and endurance that I had before surgery.  This class is still kicking my butt although I am starting to see my flexibility return.  

The yoga class has the very good fortune to be held in the perfect setting.  At our church there is a converted carriage house on the property.  It is full of light because of the three walls of french doors that open out onto a courtyard.  It is hard to be stressed when you are centering yourself in such a lovely place.   

(Photo: taken with my Canon SD1000 that I always have in my purse, hence the grainy photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment