Sunday, March 6, 2011

Not Our Typical Sunday Afternoon

If you have been following my blog at all you will remember my post from February 17 called "Ode to Christmas Lights".  I was lamenting that even though Christmas is long over the lights had yet to be taken down and put away.  Today, out of the blue Hubs decided that since the rain had stopped it was time to get the job done.  Well, between the mud and the teenage son not fully paying attention to the job at hand, the ladder slipped.  During his descent back to the ground Hubs managed to stop the fall of the ladder with his head.  Not cool.  He didn't knock himself out but he did manage to cut the top of his head pretty deeply. 


I drug myself out of my sickbed to go with Bruce to the urgent care clinic so he could get 7 staples in the noggin'.  He was a good hubs and barely whimpered at all!  He's gonna have a sore head in the morning but right now things are still pretty numb. 



(BTW, yes, there are still lights on the house.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Michael remembered when he saw the picture that Bruce had an accident...I wish he had remembered sooner.

    ReplyDelete