Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

I love this time of the year. 
Everything is so fresh and new.
Allison and I went by Mom and Dad's home today to see them. 
This time of the year no visit to their home is complete without a stroll around the yard to see what is growing.  Everything is changing so quickly right now that it seems different day to day.

Their Bleeding Hearts are really showing off. 


 The redbud is in that lovely stage when it is all pinky-purple blooms before the leaves start to develop.


The cinnamon ferns are unfurling their fiddleheads.


The hosta leaves look like exotic green and white flowers.


And the cherries!  The beautiful thing about these blooms is that each of these blooms will yield a juicy, sweet-tart cherry in a few months.  It makes them even more pretty I think.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pics...only I am not Anonymous. Hopefully it will post this comment.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, Anne! I remember your bleeding heart photo from last year. They are my favorite.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete