Friday, March 25, 2011

Trail Friend

This spring weather has been so lovely! 
Are we finally shaking of this unusually snowy winter? 
I like to lace up my boots and go for hikes with friends. 
Yesterday and today we had company for our walks - Allison and my friend's son have had a couple of days off from their school. 
We have had fun looking for wildflowers and strolling through our beautiful hiking trails. 
(BTW, the bluebells are at their peak right now!)

Today we had the good fortune of meeting a new friend.  This red fox walked right toward us on the trail.  She didn't seem to be intimidated by us at all.  I initially was concerned that she might be rabid since she kept walking toward us.  She didn't change direction and head up the hill until we were about 20 feet from her.  My friend Becky is pretty sure that she heard the cries of pups before we spotted her.  Maybe she was just trying to distract us away from her babies. 

There is always something on the trail that makes the hike interesting. 
Today it was meeting a new friend. 

2 comments:

  1. I saw a National Geographic article the other day that said eventually foxes would be domesticated for use as pets. At lease thats what I think it said - I didn't actually read it...hmmm, you can disregard this comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula, you crack me up! Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete