Wednesday, March 2, 2011

old pics, new edits

Ok, confession time.  I didn't take any pictures today.  I saw a guy in a lady liberty costume and a rainbow wig that I tried to catch, but by the time I drove back by he was gone.  Makes me think I need to have a holster with my camera in it so that I am ready to snap a picture at any time.  Not realistic, but it would be handy.

These pictures are from a fall afternoon several months ago.  The kids were in a good mood and the maple trees were really showing off. 

Here is the original picture.  The color balance is good but it is in too much shade. 

Here is the same picture, lightened up with the midtones boosted a little.

Mr. GQ here is sitting in even darker shade. 

Here is the same picture after playing around with Erin Cobb's photoshop methods to correct it.

Mottled shade here.  Good color balance but a little dull.

The skin is lightened, color hue, brightness and saturation adjusted but it is still a little mottled. 

My favorite picture of the day.

Still not a great edit, but not too shabby. 

Looking at these pictures makes me happy.  I love my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment